The EHCAP Nigeria undertakes the following capacity building activities:
- Introduction to health technology assessment (HTA)
- How to prepare systematic reviews of health intervention, and use of the relevant computer software for meta-analysis.
- Introduction to critical appraisal of scientific research
- Methods in clinical auditing and guidelines development
- Collaborate with others to run workshops in research methodology, proposal writing and data analysis.
Dissemination of essential health intervention research information
- Media round-table discussions with Journalists
- Improving access to Cochrane Library and other evidence-based health resources
- Preparation and dissemination of essential summaries of Cochrane reviews (Cochrane Nigeria infosheet and social media).
- Facilitating the preparation and dissemination of evidence-based IEC material to help consumers to take better decisions about their own health care.
Getting research into policy and practice (GRIPP)
- Facilitating the development of evidence-based guidelines for clinical and public health practice.
- Facilitating the preparation of evidence-based health policy documents to enhance advocacy and policy decisions on major health problems.
- Piloting small projects to demonstrate implementation of essential health research findings.